Schluter®-DITRA-HEAT integrates customizable, comfortable electric floor warming with the functions associated with DITRA: uncoupling, waterproofing, vapor management and support to ensure a long lasting installation.
DITRA-HEAT combines the flexibility of loose heating cables with the ease of installation of mat systems. Cables can be placed wherever heat is desired, without creating height differences in the floor. Self-leveling compounds are not required to encapsulate the cables, significantly reducing installation time and effort.
Tile has been successfully installed for thousands of years by incorporating an uncoupling layer, or forgiving shear interface, within the tile assembly. DITRA-HEAT provides uncoupling through its geometric configuration, which allows for in-plane movement that effectively neutralizes the differential movement stresses between the substrate and the tile, thus eliminating the major cause of cracking and delaminating of the tiled surface.
DITRA-HEAT provides reliable waterproofing. Its polypropylene composition protects the substrate from moisture penetration, which is particularly important in today’s building environment where most substrates are moisture-sensitive.
The free space on the underside of DITRA-HEAT provides a route for excess moisture and vapor to escape from the substrate that could otherwise cause damage to the tile covering above. Thus, DITRA-HEAT effectively manages moisture beneath the tile covering.
When placed on a solid foundation, columns or pillars can support tremendous loads. The same physical principle applies to DITRA-HEAT installations. Column-like mortar structures are formed in and between the studs on the surface of the matting. Loads are transferred from the tile covering through these column-like mortar structures to the substrate. Since DITRA-HEAT is virtually incompressible within the tile assembly, the advantages of uncoupling are achieved without sacrificing point load distribution capabilities
Schluter®-DITRA-HEAT integrates customizable, comfortable electric floor warming with the functions associated with DITRA: uncoupling, waterproofing, vapor management, and support to ensure a long lasting installation.
- The stud structure of DITRA-HEAT is specifically designed to allow for the easy installation of DITRA-HEAT-E-HK heating cables
- Nominal 1/4" (5.5 mm) thickness minimizes tile assembly thickness and reduces transitions to lower surface coverings
- Self-leveling compounds are not required to encapsulate the cables into the membrane
- Available by the roll or by the sheet to accommodate various room sizes
- Quick and easy to install and few tools are required
- U.S. Pat. Nos. 9,428,920; 8,950,141; and U.S. DES. PAT. No. D706459 / Canada Ⓓ Schluter Systems L.P. and other patents pending